Updated: Nov 29, 2022
Have you decided to take the plunge and bring a VA on board, but aren't sure where to begin your search for the right person? Here are our tips to help you find the perfect virtual assistant.
1. Know what your needs are. This can be as simple as looking at your past to-do lists and identifying the tasks you dislike doing and the tasks which are not your core business services.
2. Ask your business associates who they use. If there is someone you admire who appears to be highly organised, it's likely they have a VA supporting them.
3. Decide if you want a VA with any additional skills - languages, public relations, email marketing etc. This will help in narrowing your search.
4. Set a budget. Depending on how you want to introduce a VA into your schedule this may be a one-off cost or an hourly, monthly or annual consideration.
5. Work out how you want to bring them on board. Do you want a fully virtual service or some face to face contact. Do you want to hire someone, or would you rather use an agency/freelancer and avoid the associated costs of employment?
6. When you have shortlisted your ideal candidates, don't be afraid to test them out. Arrange a trial period to see if you mesh well together.
Remember, the best VA will be far more than an assistant. They will act as an extension of you, giving you more time to focus on the crucial tasks which will achieve your business goals.