Motivation. Purpose, get-up-and-go, enthusiasm, drive, determination, impulse.
We all have it, but some days it can be harder to find than others. This is particularly true when working from home under the current lockdown conditions. Here are our top tips on how to find your motivation.
1. Have a shower. The hot water has an invigorating effect, and repeating your daily habit of washing can trick your brain into beginning again.
2. Think of something you’ve achieved that has made you proud recently, and how you felt that day. Start your day/task with that feeling in mind.
3. Put on a daft song, LOUD, and dance around like Mick Jagger in ‘Dancing in the Street’. This does wonders to clear the mind and release endorphins.
4. Call someone for a 5-minute chat about nothing in particular – distract yourself so when you hang up, you are ready to face the world.
5. Turn your phone off, close the curtains, get back into bed and stick something great on Netflix – NB save this one for if tips 1-4 fail. Sometimes taking a break is the best thing to reset our mental state and motivate us for the next day.