One thing we're often asked is "what sort of content should I be posting on my social media"?
There is so often a disconnect between the work someone does to grow their client's reputation vs focusing on their own - namely, the client work always comes first! Sound familiar?
However with a little bit of planning, you can make sure your social media profile is full of interesting, regular content. Here are our top tips on how to get started.
1. Choose a scheduler. Hootsuite offers a free membership allowing you to schedule 30 posts at a time across 3 social media accounts.
2. Choose a platform to focus on. We like LinkedIn for its amazing networking capabilities plus it's the most user friendly for having a detailed and active company page.
3. Look through your connections posts for content which inspires you - it could make you smile, think, want to share it, anything!
4. Start noting down your own ideas for content - here are a few places to start.
share articles you've enjoyed reading
share client news, especially coverage you've generated
write about a service you offer
share a testimonial you have received
post a favourite quote
research upcoming key dates
make a video
talk about your business journey
share some tips
5. When you know the content you are comfortable sharing, start putting it into your scheduler. There is no real formula about what's best when, so go for what feels natural. Once a day, once a week - just put it on a regular schedule so your posting is consistent.
6. Try and use relevant hashtags for your content and industry so it is easier for your target client to see it.
7. Download the relevant SM app to your phone and turn on notifications so you can respond quickly to anyone reacting to your posts.
8. Try and pop on once a day to like and share content your network is posting.
If that sounds like too much to add to your task list right now, our social media management package costs £300 per month and includes the research, writing and scheduling of 3 posts per week on one channel.
You can find more information here about the ways COZ Personal Representation can help you. If you want to see if we are the right agency for your business, please contact us.